Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's In A Name?

Define Sarah: princess and fine lady. Sarah Schuette: actor, model, photographer, blah blah blah. I have always considered having one of the most common names in the world to be a curse; how can you stand out when there are millions of Sarahs, even multiple Sarahs who share my last name as well!
Even though I feel this way, I have decided to attempt to like my name. Perhaps it can be a good thing to have (at least a first) name that people can easily pronounce, and usually remember. And my last name is pronounced as a combonation of two of my favorite things; "Shoe-tea", plus "shootie" is apperently the nickname for ankle boots now, so Schuette's actually not that bad. I guess I never felt like the name "Sarah" fit, and though many times I thought of names I would rather be called, they could never replace the 17 years of memories I've had as a Sarah.
Why not own the name? Why not be added to the list of wonderful Sarahs? And besides, what's in a name anyway?

Sarah Hughes, figure skater
Sarah Ferguson, duchess of York
Sarah Bernhardt, 19th century actor
Sarah Michelle Gellar, actor
Sarah Jessica Parker, actor

images via:
parade.com
grandstandsports.com
buzznet.com
fashionunder100.net
vernacularphotography.com

0 comments: