Monday, November 15, 2010

Active

So life is crazy. Now that I've dropped my personal bomb on you in my last post, I might as not hold back the ranting. But, I will. Because it's a Monday and no one needs that kind of negativity to start the week.



Giada, from Food Network is my personal goddess. When the world slowed down for a second, instead of merging into the couch and having a good old fashion veg-out to the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, I got off my rump and did some good cooking. The meat was a little over cooked, but do not underestimate the power of coriander and cumin. Without them, I think my family wouldn't have let me cook again. My major suggestion to anyone who would want to repeat this recipe (remind me to post it on here later) is to replace the beef tenderloin with Angus steak. The meat was cheaper and even burned stayed fairly tender.
But the real star of the meal was the Mediterranean salad with cranberries. I made enough for six people (four people came for dinner) and at the end of the night barely had enough leftovers for one. Meet my go to Thanksgiving recipe.




Here are some supremely attractive photos of myself, taken at the Chicago Shakespeare Theater. Yes, my friends and I are that hipster- I mean, sophisticated. In fear of sounding pretentious I won't give you my run down of the show. It's not like I went to Oxford, England and saw the Royal Shakespeare Company or anything. And it's not like I fangirl scream every time I think about it. I'm too world weary and well traveled for that sort of non-sense.

My dog wishes you a great week!



Dress: Rodarte for Target
Jacket: Vintage
Necklace: Vintage
Ring: Metro Park
Shoes: Unknown

All Images Hosted by Image Shack

0 comments: