Saturday, August 28, 2010

Unimpressed



I've watched this video at least three times. With the first click I though I was going to be blown away, I mean, Martin Scorsese + Chanel= Heaven. Except not. I watched the whole one minute and two seconds and was almost angry it was over. Remember Now must have been a good ten minutes of quiet murmuring between Lagerfeld and his cheek-bones-made-of-glass muse/mistress (Side note: Did you know that Karl used to be fat? And I mean rotund. Apparently he stopped eating and just drank Diet Coke). Anyways, I clicked again, thinking I must have hit a wrong button in my excitement to see this video. I mean, the Chanel website continues to call it a 'film', it can't just be a minute.
Oh, but it is. I watched it another time (and possibly once more), just for you dear reader.
Conclusion: Yes, the what's-his-name who speaks into the camera looks so good in a suit it should be illegal, but besides that, this "film" (see what I did there?) is more moldy than a Rastafarian's dreadlocks. Even watching it so many times didn't help make sense of the plot-wait, there was a plot?

But don't trust my angry ranting. What do you think?

P.S. I know I owe you guys some posts and I'm getting my act together, I promise!

0 comments: