Sunday, February 21, 2010

Working Girl. The ultimate It Girl


Hey guys, Cocoa boot's up and running again :) So last night was the Turnabout dance at our school and PB and I went with our friends as mechanics! Oh, and a banana; Mr. Bananas, that is. But it got me thinking about the working world and how much fun their fashion can be--from embellished blazers on business women to the coolest combo of bracelets stacked on that bus girl's arm, incorporating fashion into your working life is always a fun challenge of what you can do to stand out without, ya know, totally blowing the dress code. Try to jazz up your working wardrobe with bedazzled cardigans or statement shirts, like one with a big bow, or try wearing funky shoes that might be a wacky shape or a bright color (actually, brightening up any article of clothing--suit, shoes, bag--is a great way to be noticed but still classy)--you may even have some of these but don't want to make that big an impression when you go to do some labor, but my advice is don't be scared to be bold! Keep it clean and remember that even though this is your chance to express you, it also gives a vibe as to what type of worker you are--save those thigh-high leather boots for the club and exchange them for studded leather booties; it'll still say "I'm edgy and sophisticated, you know you like it and you know I'm worth your time" without yelling "Hey world look at me!!!! I do exist and I do have a sexy side I promise!" As my mom used to say, Get it/got it/good :)

Lapetiteetbelle

Fashionfuss

Christian Louboutin
For the girl who rocks a uniform, bold is still on the menu, but go for accessories and still have fun with shoes! But if it's tough for you to flaunt your fashion while you work, experiment with make up or have fun getting little designs on your nails :)
Jose and Maria Barrera

Giuseppe Zanotti

0 comments: