Sunday, August 7, 2011

Too Old




Emporio Armani



Diane Von Furstenburg


Bottega Veneta


I don't know about you, but I have never aspired to look like my grandmother. Not that I don't love her, but I prefer not to age myself sixty-five years. So why does the world of fashion want us to look like a group of old biddies?

At first look, Bottega Veneta's fall ready to wear collection is 'inspired' by the sixties, updated by new textures and fabrics. But after a full perusal, it seems as if Tomas Maier took a trip through his grandmother's closet. It was a line up of turtlenecks, suits reminiscent of old Chanel, and little girl white tights. Now, I know that Tavi brought about the 'little girl gone old' mentality, but seriously. I enjoy being seventeen (almost legal, baby!).

So thank god for Diane Von Furstenburg, and especially Emporio Armani. They realize that not every girl wants to look like a woman past her prime. The clothes are modern, sophisticated, and have a touch of humor. Everything mixes textiles and patterns to look very young and fresh. I know it's in a darker palette for fall, but come on. I certainly don't want to wear a cotton candy pink turtleneck. But hey, that's just me.

What do you think? Is it time to grow up or do you embrace your age?

Images Via: Style.com

P.S. I've been having some computer trouble, so please bare with me on the small photos and time in between posts.

0 comments: