Thursday, October 22, 2009

Just Like a Circus

Inspiration has been in short supply lately. Instead of getting the subscription of Elle and Vogue I was so desperate for (or Nylon or Pop...) I ended up with Seventeen. I know I'm being a spoiled brat, but is it too much to ask for a high fashion junkie?


fashionmoksh

Anyways, photos like these have been getting me through the week.

surrealprincess


I'm drawn to the bright colors and the promise that once you put them on you can be as bright and effervescent as the Cirque Du Soleil performers


And hopefully as flexible...



I also love the idea of the body as its own art. It seems that in the United States, Americans are so prudish about their body, and sharing it with others. And at the risk of sounding slightly pervy, I will admit that I like skin. And lots of it. It is the only body we have, be proud of it (Maybe I have been reading too much of that Seventeen body peace treaty...)!

So enough of my 'love yourself' rant. Lets get back to the only thing that matters.

Clothes.

Color, animal print, short hemlines, and tight futuristic fabrics are the first thing making it into my winter closet. I'm thinking ski bunny meets terminator.

What are you wearing for the cold months ahead?



Images not cited provided by google

0 comments: